CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Conference of CHI-XI-AT-LARGE CHAPTER
14-16 August 2019
Bingu International Convention Centre Lilongwe, Malawi
29 March 2019
You are invited to submit an abstract for oral or poster presentation to: email@example.com
Please ensure that your subject line is as follows: Chi Xi conference – Abstract submission: 29 March 2019 (Initials and surname). You will be notified of the outcome of your submission no later than 31 May 2019
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
- Completed work or projects may be submitted for either oral or poster presentation. Incomplete projects or works may be submitted as a poster presentation only.
- Final abstract acceptance is dependent on registration by the primary presenter.
- Presenters assume all costs related to travel, accommodations and other expenses related to their presentations.
- The presenting author should be listed first and all communication will be directed to the presenting author.
- Abstracts can only be submitted in English.
- Abstracts of no more than 300 words including references will be accepted. The title and presenter information are not included in the 300 words.
- Abstracts of more than 300 words will not be considered for review and possible acceptance.
- All abstracts and presentation material must be in compliance with copyright laws.
- All abstracts will be double-blind reviewed.
ORAL OR POSTER PRESENTATIONS
A complete submission includes each of the following:
- Identification of preferred presentation format (poster presentation, oral presentation or both)
- Title reflecting the content of the presentation.
- A statement regarding the purpose of the presentation and target audience (limited to 50 words).
- Three key words that would be useful in searching for the abstract.
- Indicate the theme of the presentation. Use one of the conference themes listed.
Please structure the abstract as follows:
- Introduction and background (very briefly)
- Purpose of the study
- PowerPoint audio-visual (AV) support, (computer and LCD) will be available for oral presentations. No additional AV technology (e.g., speakers for sound, laser pointers, flash drives, CDs etc.) or software can be used.
- Oral presentations are restricted to 15 minutes presentation, followed by a 5 minutes discussion time.
- Poster presentations are restricted to 10 minutes, followed by a 5 minutes discussion time.
GUIDELINES FOR THE PREPARATION OF POSTERS
The maximum poster dimensions are:
- Size: A0
- Height: 118cm
- Width 83cm
- Use the same headings in the abstract when preparing the poster. Font size on posters should be large enough to be read from a distance of one meter. Posters with different dimensions used at another conference may be considered.
- Leadership, Policies and Programmes in Community-Based Health
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Maternal and Child Health
- Mental Health and Vulnerable Populations
- Silent killers, chronic diseases and contemporary issues in communities
- HIV/AIDS and Communicable (Infectious) Diseases
- Nursing Education and Research
- Indigenous knowledge Practice in health care
- Community-Orientated Primary Care (COPC)